Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Why I have so many cod file generated than others,and also the single file's size bigger than others?

Hello,I use BlackBerry Java Plug-in 1.3.0 to develop java applications running on OS6.0 . I find that after package the project,I get 119 .debug files under directory deliverables\Standard\6.0.0,other people get 28  .debug files, so it's almost 4 times than others ,and the .cod file size is 6886k,also about 4 times than others,when I sign the cod file I  get about 480 files required to be signed(other people just untitled.PNG ).We have 10 people in the project and we use the same environment(same dev tools,same machine running  windows XP),so I'm confused about this,any one can help me?

New Developer

Re: Why I have so many cod file generated than others,and also the single file's size bigger than others?

I found there are 88 .debug files (under directory deliverables\Standard\6.0.0) from xx-31.debug to xx-118.debug are 2KB size,other people in the team just get 28 .debug files and no 2KB .debug files

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Why I have so many cod file generated than others,and also the single file's size bigger than others?

check your source folders, most likely you have something in your build that does not belong here, like a zip file, the class files etc.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer
My Device: 9930, PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I think Simon is right...if you have 10 people in there, then likely you are using source control right?  You can exclude files that shouldn't be in your build by going into the project's properties, choose "Java Build Path", select the "Source" tab.  From here you can go into each source folder and specify exclusions.  we use subversion so for each source folder, we include the following exclude strings:

**/.svn

**/.svn/*

BuildPath.jpg

New Developer

we use TortoiseSVN for version control. I do as you said but the problem still exist Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Developer

[ Edited ]

open the jar file of the build with a packer (7zip for example) and check its contents for stuff not belonging there.

feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
@SimonHain on twitter
New Developer

I check the folder. there are no extra zip file or class file
Developer

not the folder. the jar file.
@SimonHain on twitter
New Developer

I open the jar file as you said,there is a .svn folder in each folder,I don't know why there are packed into it. I do exclude .svn in build path as streak81 said. but I found there are still many cod files in the jar file
Developer

now that you have identified the issue you can use the search function to check for existing solutions, for example.

i have done that for you already, this may be of help:
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Eclipse-Plugin-Excluding-SVN-files/m-p/36796...
@SimonHain on twitter