Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 8310
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Windows 7 and BlackBerry Java Plug-in for Eclipse 1.1 Beta Walkthrough

THanks for the write up.  I have followed the instructions but still do not see the 'Blackberry' menu on the navigation menu... am I missing something?

Developer
My Device: Blackberry Torch

hey, i did as you said but i m hitting this error.1647i6BCCFCEAD7A3DBB2

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark posts as solved if you found a solution. Press the kudos button to thank the user who helped you.
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9650/BlackBerry Torch 9800

I cannot see the image that you have posted. Please try posting it on another site (such as PhotoBucket) and repost the image.

Thanks.

Jerome Carty - Follow jcarty on Twitter@jcarty | #webworks-dev / #BlackberryDev on irc.freenode.net | My Apps
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue.. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
Developer
My Device: Blackberry Torch

JCarty wrote:

I cannot see the image that you have posted. Please try posting it on another site (such as PhotoBucket) and repost the image.

Thanks.

here it is:

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab353/mo_hit4u/eclipseerroronwin7.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark posts as solved if you found a solution. Press the kudos button to thank the user who helped you.
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

Does anyone else has a problem with recent update of eJDE Plug-in 1.1.2 on Windows 7 (BlackBerry Java Plug-in 1.1.2.201003212304-12)? When packaging project it becomes either very slow or just hangs while "Analyzing code" :

eJDE Windows 7 slow

Previous version of the same plugin (BlackBerry Java Plug-in 1.1.1.200911111641-15) was working just fine. On XP 64 the very same setup with 1.1.2 compiles and packages the same code under 2 seconds. On much faster Win 7 PCs it takes up to a minute with most time spent at exactly the same spot as on the screenshot above. And the problem appears exactly the same on more than one machine with different setups/folder structures etc.

At the time the screenshot was taken, the BlackBerry Packaging Console stays in between packaging modules ("Packaging project xxxx succeeded" but before "Packaging project yyy") .

Previous 1.1.1 was working relatively flawless on the same Win 7 PCs.

Also, what is the best way to install previous eJDE 1.1.1 on a brand new Win 7 + Eclipse? Unfortunately, I have no backup of setup files and the web site doesn't seem to have older versions available.

--
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9650/BlackBerry Torch 9800

APakka,

Do you have preprocess tags in your code? There was a discussion on the forums about this that caused an endless loop. I'd have to find it for you.

mohitsharma,

I've never encountered that problem before. In which point of the setup are you reaching this dialog error?

Jerome Carty - Follow jcarty on Twitter@jcarty | #webworks-dev / #BlackberryDev on irc.freenode.net | My Apps
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue.. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

Fortunately, we were able to avoid preprocessing tags.

There is also someone else having this issue:

Developer-Tools-Hit-Gold-Status he is observing delays in "Analyzing sources..." that were not there before...

This is all I could find in the forum.

To recoup: I can reproduce the situation with eJDE 1.1.2 on multiple Win 7 PCs, and with different projects. This issue does not appear on XP 64 with the same projects and the same eJDE 1.1.2.

Also, reverting eJDE to 1.1.1 on the same Win 7 PC eliminates the problem. It is very difficult to find out what is really happening during "Analyzing sources...". I believe pre-processor is not involved since it is part of rapc, but it hangs before rapc command line appears in the console.

It hangs even on a library module with a single class containing only static int and string constants.  

--
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Did you ever get any help or feedback with this issue?

I have the same problem, on vista x64/server2008 x64.  It doesn't entirely hang, process continues but takes hours to complete.  Can find absolutely no logs or anything to debug what "Analyzing sources" is doing.  

Seems to be 2 active threads apart from the main eclipse UI thread, and one is a controller thread continually creating separate user processes.

Raising up to the wtf am I developing for this platform level of frustrating.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

I am having same problem on Win7 (64 bit) with Eclipse 3.5 (32 bit). Eclpse 3.4 works just fine, or at least as well as it did before I upgraded from Vista to Win7 (64 bit)

Developer
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: V Dub

[ Edited ]

Hey Guys,

I recently rebooted to factory after I put my win7 64 comp threw the gambit, and this might not work for you so please ask for help if you need it.

From scratch I installed Java 32bit and Eclipse Galileo IDE without the alterations to security of eclipse. Ran it for the first time a pop up appears asking some kind of permission I clicked OK, it started sweet. You do not have to restore your OS to be clear.

Unrelated to Eclipse installation. 

Today I checked for updates there was one from BlackBerry now the simulators work as normal by shutting down when clicking the x.

Sorry if this was already covered

Good Luck,

Brent

ps. If you restore to factory it might be wise to wait for all the windows updates it could take a couple daysSmiley Indifferent