Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

accessing/deleting incoming sms from inbox

How is it possible that this app (Chameleon) is capable of preventing incoming sms messges from entering the SMS Inbox?

No api's exist for doing this however it is being done by this application. It will work even if the sms did not get sent via Chameleon from another phone.

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: accessing/deleting incoming sms from inbox

you can retrieve messages using a listener. it is not possible to access them later on.

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Blackberry Torch

i think you can access email messages only.

@simon plz confirm is it possible to listen for SMS messages and parse them and reply to them programmatically?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark posts as solved if you found a solution. Press the kudos button to thank the user who helped you.
Developer
My Device: Blackberry Torch

deleting i doubt if it would be possible.

but you can atleast listen and reply.

refer following links

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800451/800563/What_i...

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Different-ways-to-listen-for-SMS-messages/t...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark posts as solved if you found a solution. Press the kudos button to thank the user who helped you.
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Well they have a free trial on app world. And yes they are deleting incoming sms messages somehow.

I am not asking if it can be done or not as it is being done so I know it can be. I am interested in suggestions as to how they could be doing this.