Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Developer
My Device: 9650
My Carrier: Claro

Re: attempts to access a secure API

this happened to me a while ago, i had connection issues and the signtool shows that all cods are signes properly but in device i got that " attempts to access a secure API" error and the app dont start.

to solve this first i click clean project in jde so it deletes the cod files, then i compile the project again and finally signed the cod file again. thats worked for me, make sure you dont have connection issues while the signtool is running.
Super Contributor
My Device: BOLD 9900
My Carrier: sdvsdvsd

and plz anyone tell me what does the meaning of below lines , i'm geting in console

module 24904 cannot reference net.rim.device.api.system.PersistentStore
[52237.375] Module 'Pbar2-3' attempts to access a secure API.[52237.375] 
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Not sure - is Pbar2 one of your modules.

Can you try the suggestions that have been made and let us know what happens.

BTW, in general you should name modules so that the name is likely to be unique - the general recommendation I think is like the package name - like com_company_product.cod.

Super Contributor

hi peter_strange ,
                                   i have open my COD files with SigTool and i have found the following thing just look at the screen shot, what does it mean and i have rename my output file
Untitled.png

Developer

No idea sorry - but I see the same for my files too.

You say you have renamed the output file, but Sunrays is not really of the form com_mycompany_application.cod is it?

I have to ask - what is in all these cod files?  I would presume it is mostly assets and for me, I would avoid using a cod file to distribute assets, unless you were just using the cod file to 'install' the assets as follows:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Unzip-zip-archive-with-sample-resource-insta...

Can you tell us what the total size is of your application?  I wonder if the problem here is that you are hitting some sort of limit.

Finally, and I am sorry to shout, but you seem to have ignored this.

Can you try the suggestions that have been made and let us know what happens.

I mean ALL the suggestions.  Not just one. 

Super Contributor

my app size is 5.5mb..and i'll try to unzip my cod files and wait for reply.. and i'm trying your solutions plz wait
Super Contributor

Re: getting exception while pushing my own pop up screen in push notification

[ Edited ]

Super Contributor

hi peter, i think i'm bit close to the issue i am facing .. and i'm working with 5 os with my app
i mean to say that i have created new workspace and copy my project to new worspace and then i compiled my app with 6 os and when i run the app 
and the i did not get the  Module xxx attempts to access a secure API.. and my app is running fine we have problem with 5 OS

Developer

Good test. 

I take it you need this to run in OS 5?

One possibility is that the problem is with the OS 5.0 signing tool.  Another is that you have fixed the problem by rebuilding the project.  I am syre there are others as well.  What do you think?

Super Contributor

yes peter.., i need this app to run on OS 5..,i think you are right, the problem is with our OS 5 sigTool..but i'm not sure and how to fix this issue