Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
My Device: DEV
My Carrier: DEV

auto starting the app and checking if it s user initiated or it s from the auto start

ok let s say i have an app and i have auto start on .. i need it to perfom some action if it s started programmatically ( due to a restart of the phone ) and another action if it s started by user .. how can i accomplish this ?! thk u

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: auto starting the app and checking if it s user initiated or it s from the auto start

this should help you:
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Set-up-an-alternate-entry-point-for-an-appli...
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: simulator
My Carrier: simulator

Re: auto starting the app and checking if it s user initiated or it s from the auto start

you can pass different parameter for each mode of application start, and in the main method determine how the application is started depending upon the parameter..

(The parameter can be set in the blackberry application descriptor.xml)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Click "Accept as Solution" if post was what you needed. Give kudos if you feel response is helpful.

Contributor

thks a bunch simon! this is what i m looking for!

Contributor

well that didnt work Smiley Sad what to do ?

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

"didn't work" is not a very helpful description, so your first step would be to expand that.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter