02-13-2012 01:11 AM
Code? No one is going to feed you the code that easily, Search, Try and Develop.
Anyways, here's well known library that can help you to do it:
02-13-2012 05:37 AM
From version 6.0 onwards import the sample demo "BarcodeScanDemo" from the blackberry samples and do your own QR-CODE Scan and Image generation etc.
The Blackberry provides how to scan QR-CODE only; You should have to get the idea of that sample applcation then you can create your own Barcode Demo;
We can create
1. We can Decode Any type of Barcode Scanning Application(Under Blackberry provided Formats)
2. Generate the QR-Code Image and show the image(nothing but we store in "bitmap");
3. We can Decode Any type of Barcode Images(What Blackberry Provide Formats) without Scanning.
Generating and scanning is very easy when you run the sample demo in the device not on simulator.
Feel free to click LIKE button if the answer is helped to you;
02-13-2012 06:40 AM - edited 02-13-2012 06:44 AM
Thank you Ali Shaik for your reply.
Iam using blackberry o.s version 5. Is their any sample demo for version 5.
i have to scan the barcode format (it may be qr code, code 128, and code39 etc ) using blackberry application.
with out knowing the barcode format is it possible to scan.
Please help me.
02-13-2012 07:16 AM - edited 02-14-2012 05:03 AM
If you want to do in 5.0 ,
1. Download the ZXing-1.7.zip or ZXing-2.0.zip from this below linkBetter to take 1.7 older one
2. Extract the Zip file and take the "com" forlder in the below path from extraced file
and paste it into your your Application's src folder;
3. Then Extract UsingBarcodeLib file and take the org folder and put it into your src folder from the following path:
4. And take the sample BarcodeScanDemo.java only from 6.0 add to your own package; and try to run it;
Feel free to click the LIKE button if the solution helps you;
02-13-2012 07:49 AM
He provide only for QRCODE;
you can add all the formats: Replace here:
Hashtable hints = new Hashtable(); Vector formats = new Vector(1); formats.addElement(BarcodeFormat.QR_CODE); hints.put(DecodeHintType.POSSIBLE_FORMATS, formats);
Hashtable hashtable=new Hashtable(); Vector formats=new Vector(10); formats.addElement(BarcodeFormat.QR_CODE); formats.addElement(BarcodeFormat.PDF_417); formats.addElement(BarcodeFormat.CODE_128); formats.addElement(BarcodeFormat.CODE_39); formats.addElement(BarcodeFormat.DATA_MATRIX); hashtable.put(DecodeHintType.POSSIBLE_FORMATS, formats);
like this you can add all the Blackberry barcode formats provided by blackberry; and run the application;
Feel free to click LIKE button if the answer is helped you;
06-19-2012 10:49 PM - edited 06-19-2012 11:12 PM
Just an Info:
while generation of Barcode other than QR, the size of the data must match the requirements.
BarcodeFormat format = BarcodeFormat.EAN_13 // gives exception Requested contents should be 11 or 12 digits long, but got 4: -1
the content(data) must be 11 or 12 digits