Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

bes connection issue

Hello all,

I am having frequent BES connection issues with my Blackberry software. The software has been developed for o/s 6.0 and above.

In different executions of the connection attempt the exceptions I got are as follows:

• Failed to transmit
  • Local connection timed out after ~ 130000
  • Send/receive was cancelled
  • Server returned: Proxy Redirect
  • Server returned: Bad Request

I will appreciate any help regarding this. Thank you.

Developer

Re: bes connection issue

Are you attempting to connect to a URL that is hosted by the corporate that is running the BES, or are you trying to route through the corporate network to your external address?

Are you seeing these messages on the same device, or are these message spread over a number of devices and/or BESs?

Developer

Thanks for the reply Smiley Happy

I am trying to route through the corporate network to our external address

These message are spread over a number of devices and BES

Developer

For your reference, a new one that I am experiencing:

net.rim.device.cldc.io.ippp.SocketBaseIOException: Connection refused: connect

Developer

Sorry I don't know exactly what is going on.  But it seems like the BES MDS Service of the corporate policies are potentially causing you some problems. 

I would put a simple test http page up on a similar URL to the one that you are trying to get to.  Then, from the corporate users device, with WiFi turned off, get them to try this URL in the Browser and see if they can get through.  This will sort out if there is a problem in the corporate, for example, their proxy server not allowing your address. 

Developer

[ Edited ]

Thanks Peter - I will try this. Just curious, how does turning off wifi to carry on the test make a difference - wifi in a device on BES is not constrained by the coporate policies?

Highlighted
Developer

Wi-Fi should in fact be contrained by corporate policy, so this should not be necessary.  But I have never actually tested this and perhaps there are circumstances, for example when the device is connecting to a RIM server, that it short circuits the route through the BES/MDS system.  So this is just to make it 100% sure that the communication is going throught he BES MDS route.