Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

blackberry calendar api

Hello all,

The following code returns the blackberry default calendar:

(EventList) PIM.getInstance().openPIMList(PIM.EVENT_LIST, PIM.READ_WRITE);

However, there are other calendars user can create.eg.facebook calendar. Is there a way to retrieve a calendar which is not the default rim calendar. FYI, I am using 4.2.1 jde for my project.

Thanks.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: blackberry calendar api

There is no way to retrieve any calendar other than default RIM calendar through API. Regards Bikas
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: blackberry calendar api

While this is not possible in version 4.2.1, it is supported in version 4.6.0 and higher.

From the 5.0 PIM JavaDocs:

PIM (BlackBerry JDE 5.0.0 API Reference)

<script type="text/javascript">// function windowTitle() { parent.document.title="PIM (BlackBerry JDE 5.0.0 API Reference)"; } // </script>

Multiple PIMList Support

The standard calendar and contact list PIM applications on a BlackBerry device support multiple databases. When a device is associated with multiple accounts, such as BlackBerry Enterprise Server accounts and BlackBerry Internet Service accounts, each account has its own database for the calendar and the contact list PIM applications. For example, if a device is associated with both a BlackBerry Enterprise Server account and a BlackBerry Internet Service account, the calendar and contact list applications each have a database for each account.

Multiple EventList Support

Support for accessing the multiple EventLists was added in BlackBerry software version 4.6.0. Invoking PIM.listPIMLists(PIM.EVENT_LIST) returns a name for each individual EventList so that they can be accessed individually. In previous versions of the software, the JSR75 PIM API only returned a single EventList which provided access to all of the EventLists without distinguishing between EventLists for different BlackBerry Enterprise Server accounts.

Multiple ContactList Support

Support for accessing the multiple ContactLists was added in BlackBerry software version 5.0.0. Invoking PIM.listPIMLists(PIM.CONTACT_LIST) returns a name for each individual ContactList so that they can be accessed individually. In previous versions of the software, the JSR75 PIM API only returned a single ContactList which provided access to all of the ContactLists without distinguishing between ContactLists for different BlackBerry Enterprise Server accounts.

Multiple ToDoList and BlackBerryMemoList Support

There is currently no support for accessing multiple ToDoLists or BlackBerryMemoLists. The ToDoList or BlackBerryMemoList returned from PIM.openPIMList() provides access to all of the lists of that database without distinguishing between the different BlackBerry Enterprise Server. accounts

PIMList UIDs

If an application maintains a parallel database to a PIMList then the PIMList should be referenced by its UID instead of its name. This is because the name of a PIMList can change over its lifetime and also may be assigned a different name if the BlackBerry device software is upgraded or downgraded. A PIMLists's UID can be obtained from BlackBerryPIMList.getPIMListUID() and a PIMList can be opened by its UID using BlackBerryPIM.openPIMList(int, int, long). Support for PIMList UIDs was added in BlackBerry software version 5.0.0.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker