Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Idea
Accepted Solution

blackberry setting startpage of application

i am new to blackberry development i want to know that how to set starting screen we can say first screen of application ...for detail in android we set launcher activity in xml file like that any idea for setting blackberry app first page.i tried to google it but not find amy link or information .

Developer
My Device: Q10, Z10LE, Nokia N950, DAB....
My Carrier: Telekom Slovakia

Re: blackberry setting startpage of application

[ Edited ]

Are you mean splashsreen? If yes then look here

http://bbcascadescode.tumblr.com/post/33128509611/icon-splash-screen-cascades-momentics-ide

bar-descriptor.xml

https://developer.blackberry.com/native/documentation/cascades/dev/tools/configuration.html

If helped give a like. If your problem was solved mark the post as "Solution"
Portfolio: BlackBerry Nokia
Social: Twitter | Facebook
About Me / Blog DevPDA | Blog
New Developer
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Idea

[ Edited ]

thanks for your reply one thing i developing for bb os 6 and i want to set the starting page or we can say first page which i want from available pages and i have BlackBerry_App_Descriptor.xml but dont know how i set starting page

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

The BlackBerry_App_Descriptor.xml is not involved in setting a start page.  That is done in code, specifically in your main() processing.  In the mian(), you will create a new instance of your Application and any screens you want, and you will push the first screen you want the user to see.  Have a look at any of the sample applications for an example of that processing.