Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Re: browsercontentmanager problem on storm/curve actual device with local content

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: browsercontentmanager problem on storm/curve actual device with local content

Thanks John, if you check that thread you'll notice that I had already posted on there.

It's actually the thread that I used initially to build what I have which is working on the simulator and not on the devices.

New Developer

It's time for you to not restrict yourself via the RIM API if there's no help here and start to look at other potential solutions based on J2ME...

For example:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/jcellbrowser/

http://www.j2mehtml.com/index.htm

I'm looking to add similar capabilities to an application I'm working on as well.

Cheers,

Kevin

New Developer

Good idea; I've looked at j2mehtml and considered it but I need javascript support.  I guess I'll look farther.
Highlighted
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Where is the local content stored?  If you are saving it to a micro SD card you could invoke the BrowserField with a "file:///" URL, which means you wouldn't need to create a local HTTP connection wrapper. 

If this isn't suitable, please send a copy of the modified BrowserFieldDemo you are working with to devsupport@rim.com.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker