Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

cancel or check the status of a RIM-push message

In the BlackBerry JDE Development Guide, section "Creating push BlackBerry Java Applications", subsection "Create a RIM push request", third table line, there is a text saying:

Specify a unique message ID to
cancel or check the status of a
message.

> Use the X-RIM-Push-ID header.

Does it mean that an RIM push request can be canceled or that its delivery status can be checked or have I misunderstood the text? I thought this is supported for PAP requests only.

Developer

Re: cancel or check the status of a RIM-push message

I don't know whether it is possible to cancel a submitted push or check its status. The X-RIM-Push-ID header is definitely used when the MDS makes a delivery notification HTTP callback (if requested to do so).
Highlighted
New Developer

yes, I know..

ok, I could suppose that "check the status of a RIM-push message" means the result notification, that can be requested using X-RIM-Push-NotifyURL header

but why is "cancel" there if it can't be done?

or maybe an RIM push message can be canceled with an PAP push cancel? I suppose not.

or is it just an misprint?

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

It is not possible to cancel a RIM push.  That is a typo.  What version of the guide do you see that line in?

The ID is be used in the notification sent to the application regarding the status of the push.  The following link explains.

What Is - The Push notification format
Article Number: DB-00395

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800332/800440/What_Is... 

It is not possible to query the status of a RIM push.  You need to wait for the notification to be sent to your application.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker