Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: clean.bat every time

When you say reset the simulator, do you mean you are using Reset from the File menu, closing and re-opening the simulator or running clean.bat?

Closing and re-opening the simulator should be enough to pick up the new cod file.  Choosing reset should have a similar affect to closing and re-opening it, and would be redundant.  Note that if you are using Windows Vista you will need to end task on the simulator to close it completely (this is a known issue).

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Torch 9800, Bold 9700
My Carrier: Movistar, Telenor

Re: clean.bat every time

Hi Mark,

>When you say reset the simulator, do you mean you are using Reset from the File menu, closing and re-opening the >simulator or running clean.bat?

Reset from File menu

>Closing and re-opening the simulator should be enough to pick up the new cod file. 

Then it should really work to skip the reset from the File menu since I do shutdown the simulator in order to

be able to change the program and then start the simulator again by clicking debug in jde. But that does not

work. I do not get the newly compiled module. I have to an intermediate step of reset and close the simulator

and do a start debug from the jde again. It shure beats running the clean.bat in time elapssed though  :-)

See my previous posting

If everything seems to be under control, you're just not driving fast enough
-Mario Andretti-