Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

RK1
New Contributor
My Device: Non BlackBerry user
My Carrier: 1

cod data section too large:65836 bytes

Hi,

I am porting a j2me game code to blackberry where i have different classes,when i am packaging it,its giving me the I/O error : outfile :cod data section too large : 65836 bytes.I have one class called game which when i am commenting,the game packages succesfully,but when i uncomment it,the error arises,even i have tried breaking the game class into to two different classes but even that havent help,if any one has any solution to this??

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: cod data section too large:65836 bytes

I am slightly confused here because the message suggests you have an issue with your 'data', which is I thought the assets you have, rather than the code.  Do you have some sort of large fixed table or array?

Anyway, just for the record, my understanding is that a BB application is treated as data or code, and the 64K limit applies to each separately.  The development environment has various packaging techniques it uses to make sure this rule is not broken, even when there are assets greater than 64 KB.