Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

cod size about 10-11 mb

Hi,

in an application i am having the .cod size about 10-11 mb ,but the problem is no icon is showing the download floder in the simulator.

,but if the .cod is about 4-5 mb then same build is showing the icon in the simulator.

can anyone help me out,why the icon is not showing when the .cod size is 10-11 mb .

my simulator is 8520

Thanks

Developer

Re: cod size about 10-11 mb

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/The-maximum-size-of-a-BlackBerry-smartphone-...

What is taking up the space?  I suggest that if it is data (e.g. mp3 or video data), that you do not include these in the application, but download them to the SD Card.

Developer

i am having the resource ,which are on local stores...

Is it is possible without sdcard...which can store 10-11 mb data includes app data and image data

Highlighted
Developer

Note the following from the KB article:

"The limit for the number of sibling COD files that can exist within a single application is 127.  This means that the maximum theoretical size limit for an application would be 16256 KB, which consists of 8128 KB of application data and 8128 KB of resource data.;..."

So, 8Mb resource data, tops.....

11 MB is a lot of space to take up in the BlackBerry Application space too.  I certainly would not install an application that took up that much space.  I need it for emails.

If you really want to have it as an application, then I'm sure you can do something with a second application - perhaps a Library.  But don't ask me how to extract the files, I have no idea.