Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Blackberry Torch

combined jad files uninstall not clean?

I have combined two JAD files using updatejad.exe and installed the final JAD file throug OTA installation web deploy link, under options -> applications both the modules are shown under single Application title.

On uninstallation, it leaves the second module out there so you have to delete it second time to unsinstall it completely.

Can any one suggest what should be done in final JAD file for clean uninstallation?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark posts as solved if you found a solution. Press the kudos button to thank the user who helped you.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: combined jad files uninstall not clean?

What BlackBerry Smartphone model and BlackBerry device software version are you testing on?  You can find this under Options, About on the BlackBerry Smartphone.

Is each COD file an individual application or is there an application and library?  If it is a library, are there any other applications on the BlackBerry Smartphone that reference that library?

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer
My Device: Blackberry Torch

I have got this issue on both touch and non-touch devices (8900, 9000).

Currently m having only storm2 with me, its v5.0.0.607(Bundle 1020, Platform 4.2.0.275).

Will post non touch details tomorrow.

Both the COD files are an individual application in itself. One invokes the other in certain scenario, other is marked as system module in JDE project properties so that its not visible on homescreen. Before removing I make sure none of the two app is there running, so that it would lead to clean uninstall.

Hope that helps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark posts as solved if you found a solution. Press the kudos button to thank the user who helped you.

I haven't been able to reproduce this.  Can you provide a sample JAD file and set of COD files that triggers this behaviour?

Mark Sohm

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9800
My Carrier: Airtel

Hi Mark,

I also had the same issue.

The background application which marked as "SystemModule" still exists after un-installing normal application.

How does the Application Manager detects sibling application while un-intsalling one?

Does both apps should have any common properties??

In my case Application names are different(I guess we cannot name name both as same)

Application vendor is same.

Am i misssing something??

-Shankar
Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9800
My Carrier: Airtel

Or is there any way to un-install current application through code.

My idea is to check for the existance of Ui Application from BackGround application and if it is not there i'll un-install the BackGround application.

-Shankar

The CodeModuleManager and CodeModuleGroupManager classes can be used to uninstall (as well as install or upgrade) applications.  You can see an example of their use here:

Programmatically install and upgrade applications

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Programmatically-install-and-upgrade-applica...

Mark Sohm