Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

controlled access exception trying to use camera- is this from RIM or another carrier problem?

I was trying to test some stuff and thought that using the full capabilities of the phone would

not be a big deal but I just got a controlled access exception on camera. Anyone know offhand

if this is from RIM restricting class usage or did my carrier "activation" come with some disablement?

I always accuse the carriers first , opposing viewpoints and evidence welcome.

Thanks.

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: controlled access exception trying to use camera- is this from RIM or another carrier problem?

did you check the application permissions?

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: controlled access exception trying to use camera- is this from RIM or another carrier problem?

Thanks, that may have fixed it but now I have another problem. I had assumed I would get prompts for all

of that if it was even a choice. I set the permissions in options ->applications and it seems to get past

that now, still doesn't work due to other bugs but this is a spare time effort and will have to wait.

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

if the value is set to prompt you should get a prompt. there are various conditions where you don't get one, for example if you have no UI application.

If the value is set to deny, like on many company phones i guess, you don't get a prompt.

using the applicationpermissions class allows you to check and react on the given permissions, or at least on some.

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter