Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

controlled access exception

hi guys,

I am reading pictures from system/samples/pictures and show them in my application to the user. It works on simulator but not on device. When I try to open InputStream I get Controlled Access exception. My application is signed. How do I read them?I saw that they are forward locked with png.rem extension. Is it at all possible to read them . thanks

best regards,

yosoh.

--------------------------------------------------
problemSolved() ? kudosPlease():kudosPlease();
Highlighted
Developer

Re: controlled access exception

[ Edited ]

Have a look at the details of the exception, especially the stack trace. I suspect your application is denied the permission to read files from the local filesystem.

P.S. Also, I recall the somebody mentioned in this forum that built-in ringtones and pictures aren't directly readable. May be that's the case...

Message Edited by klyubin on 06-10-2009 04:56 PM
Developer

yes, you are right, built-in ringtones and media are not readable. thanks, yosoh.
--------------------------------------------------
problemSolved() ? kudosPlease():kudosPlease();
Developer

I'm getting the same error right now.

BlackBerry Torch (9800); 6.0.0.246

Situation is slightly different, I'm creating a directory in "system/home/user/foo/bar"

This is a new directory, should be alright to do.  In fact, I'm pretty sure it was working with 6.0.0.141.  Now that I'm updated to 6.0.0.246, I'm not getting it to work correctly.

All permissions are set to allow ( confirmed from advanced permissions manager).

This is not a built-in ringtone, I'm trying to create application files.

Thanks,

DD