Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

coonsuming web service via JDE 4.5

hi,

i have a question here , can i use the generate stub from my file .wsdl that i got via WSDL2java and integrate it in jde and create wsclient on jde environnement ?? if it is yes ?? how can anybody guide me plz.

Second i got here some trouble with jde trying to get connected to my test web service 'calculator' that runs just in local but i got the error here .

JVM: bklt @5582: setTimer 22
http://localhost:8080/axis/services/calculator?add=&in0=1&in1=1
Refreshing connection on send
Running refresh
Local port: 19780
APN: ''
APN username: 'null'
APN password: 'null'
Connection does not exist
Detected information for 1 GPAK connection(s)

any help would be appreciated.

New Developer

Re: coonsuming web service via JDE 4.5

hi again,

i m really new to the world of bb apps and to J2ME, to precise, i m using here JDE 4.5.0.7 with his default simulator for debug 8130-JDE.

New Developer

Re: coonsuming web service via JDE 4.5 concerning tuto 'how to

hi all,

in fact i have a question here about ur tutorial :

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800451/800563/How_To_...

Connector.open
("socket://yourServer:5445;deviceside=true;apn=internet.com;tunnelauthusername=user165;
tunnelauthpassword=user165password")

can anyone tell me '5445' present what exactly  , is it the number of the local port .

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

5445 is the port your server application is listening on.  The APN information can also be configured under Options, (Advanced Options), TCP.

Note that the BlackBerry Simulator does not support connecting to localhost or 127.0.0.1.  Instead, use the IP or machine name of your PC.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Developer

thnx Mak for answering me,

but in fact it does work with the localhost, and the problem was i have to add deviceside= true to my url , it works for both localhost and a distant host for the moment but just with simulator , i got  the answer in format xml, i have just now to parse it.

but i have a problem that i read that via ptions->advanced options-> TCP i can set the apn parameters, but on the simulator i got i didn't find the tcp and the path indicated (default simulator 8130 as i mentionned before ??) i don't know why , for the moment i didn't tried on a true bb device .

New Developer

by the way i forget to tell u that it just worked without adding the apn information on the url , just with the device parameter it works !!!!! do u know why ??
New Developer

lol , i know why sorry for asking