Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

custom drop down list

can anybody help me with code for creating custom drop down list.its very urgent
Developer

Re: custom drop down list

This would help u create a drop down list..

String choices[] = {"Choice1", "Choice2", "Choice3"};
choiceField = new ObjectChoiceField("Select :", choices,0, choiceField.FIELD_LEFT);
manager.add(choiceField);

--If u think the solution is appropriate please mark the thread as solved-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Click the Kudos! badge on left side of the message , if you are happy with a solution given by a user. When you do so, you are saying thanks to its author.
Mark a reply as a solution , if you think your question has been answered.
To mark a message as a solution: Click "Accept as solution" icon on the reply.
Developer

hi,

thanks for the reply. what u told is fine. only thing is i want the drop down should come below the choice field.if u select the change option menu the list overrides the field and some times goes above the screen.

i want drop down like in html or java.

can u please give me any solution.

Developer

Yes the list will come over the field but it will only be the first choice that come over the field.. all other fields will be below..and when does it go above the screen. I ve never seen such a thing happen before. And for a drop down list i guess u dont realy have any other choice.. U will have to stick with the objectchoicefield. if u do find something i  would like to know about it. Keep me posted.. 

Thanks.. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Click the Kudos! badge on left side of the message , if you are happy with a solution given by a user. When you do so, you are saying thanks to its author.
Developer

hi,

if you select second or even last option in choicefield the drop down goes above the field.

Still i didn't find any solution for this. is there any possibilty to put the drop down below the field

Developer

Oh yes. It ocasionally does that.. I dont know if something can be done about that..
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 3550
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi

You have to create your custom drop down list, where all things are handled by you.

I have code which is very big, so can't paste here....if you want gv me ur mail id

New Developer

I also need a custom dropdown, plz share your code.
it will be a great help.
thanks
Regular Visitor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: -

Anybody help me...

anybody help how to do event handling on dropdown list when user select one item from drop down listi need it...help me