Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

developing an application on Tour

Hi all 

i want to start the development on Blackberry tour 9630 ,so i am using blackberry JDE  4.5.0.16 so can i develop an tour application on this will blackberry tour support the application that is build on JDE 4.5.0.16 ?????

because in strom i had an issue so i want to know about this please help me ?????

Regards

Divya

Developer

Re: developing an application on Tour

BlackBerry application development is forward compatiable, So the applications built using JDE versios less than or equal to teh device OS will run without any problem. Example, Application built using JDE 4.2 will run on the devices which have the OS 4.2 or greater. So your application will run on tour with out any problem.

I didn't understand what problem you had on storm, I had seen your 2-3 posts regarding the storm development and also users posted some useful informations.

Use Search. "Accept Solution" If the problem is resolved.
Developer

[ Edited ]

thanks for the reply 

please can i know which version of the OS does the tour 9630 support ???

will it support the application developedand built on  on JDE 4.5.0.16 ????

once again thanks for your reply 

as i have  posted on storm there  is  still some problem on it i am working on it ,for storm thread i got some useful information using that i am working on storm .....

now i was in required of basic information on Tour before starting the application development 

Regards

Divya

Developer

I don't have Tour device but still can say that It is of 4.7 and 5.0 so you can run your application built using 4.6. To check for OS version, Go to Options ->About and it will tell the details.

Developer

Thanks for the reply

on simulator its showing 4.7.1.54 ,so as u have mentioned now if i create and buit my application in JDE 4.5  so it sucessfully works on the tour 

Regards

Divya

Developer

It will work.

Can you mark thread as solved once it works. Seen most of your threads are not marked as solution.

Developer

yes sure i will mark  with out fail, i will keep the thread pending only when i am still working on that thats it  

thanks a lot for reply  

Regards

Divya