Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: deviceside=false

options / advanced options / enterprise activation.
or ask your bes admin.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer
My Device: styile 9670
My Carrier: SingTel

thanks
i just got the prompt .. but it will not be helpful for us if we have to activate in this way...

because it will be harass to the user of the application... does it have any alternative?

if we enroll rim bis-b program then do we able to make udp connection with our server? ...

our main goal is when edge/gprs is available then user have to set APN information to use our application... we just want to avoid APN settings so user can use the application easily without putting apn information .
Mobile Application Advisor
Developer

if you register for bis push you will get the secret bis connection string, see peters sticky post about it.
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer

can you give me the link? again do how to register for bis push? ....
thanks
Developer

the link is sticky on top of the forum. you should probably check the sticky links, they all contain valuable information.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Sample-HTTP-Connection-code-and-BIS-B-Access...

the other thread should solve your other question:
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Connecting-your-BlackBerry-http-and-socket-c...
@SimonHain on twitter
Highlighted
Developer

thanks
i just read the sticky thread....according to , RIM could want to know about for which purposes we want to use..

we are trying to use it with our video streaming voip based application...from your experience what are telling will they permit us?
again . it is hudge traffic application...
can you share your experience... also from the post i known BIS-B is only available for browser based application ..
so we are not able to use from such application?
Developer

not sure about that, but i guess udb would not work with bis. better to use wifi or direct tcp.
@SimonHain on twitter