Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: curve
My Carrier: devel

Re: display a Dialog after receive a BIS push

Do you mean create an application without listener to push bis, if just that i try it and the dialog appear, and it run well, but the problem is appear this dialog after receive the push.

Developer
My Device: curve
My Carrier: devel

i try to play sound aftrer receive the push and it run well
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

At present I am not convinced that the Push Listener Thread is running correctly.  We have reviewed a number of your main() methods which do not really seem to do what I would expect anyway, when running a Push Listener that can interact with a Dialog. 

So for me, the best thing to do is to set up a test structure that does work with the Dialog, and then you can use that structure for your Push Listener. 

The fact that you do Dialogs in other places and can't in the Push Listener demonstrates that your current Push Listener Thread is not running correctly.  

The fact that you can do other things in your Push Listener code is not relevant either.   

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

i suspect the same as peter, most likely your thread is not running in an application, but just in the static context.
it can do most things, but some are reserved for applications.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter