Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Super Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

get BlackBerry ID email

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

what is the easiest way to get user's blackberry id email?

Is it possible to get this email without requiring user to login into blackberry id system?

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: get BlackBerry ID email

Currently, there are no third party APIs that allow an application to retrieve a user's BlackBerry ID email address.

What is the use case for requesting this?

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Super Contributor

thanks for response,

actually I want to make something like unified account for users for all my applications, if user plays 2 or more of my games, for example. 

So I'm looking for a way to simplify login/registering process. By the way, I haven't seen, but are there any open ID or facebook user authorization for BB OS? You know, on the web when user has a choice to create new account or login with his facebook or twitter account.

My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Understood.  There isn't anything in the core BlackBerry API set for this, but there is a third party Facebook BlackBerry SDK that may help you out.  It can be found here:  http://sourceforge.net/projects/facebook-bb-sdk/

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Super Contributor

I'm aware of Facebook SDK, but it lacks essential documentation. I managed to post messages on the wall just by occasion. 

Ok - I know that it is possible to retrieve some PPID from user's profile from BBM SDK. I successfully got it, but the fact that bbm is required makes things bad, many of our users ask us to remove bbm support because they face problems. For example, using proxy method, users upgrade to latest bbm version, but still are not able to run the app.