Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: 9800,BB Dev Alpha,z10 limited edition
My Carrier: Vodafone

how to change rapc value

Hi,

I am getting error of data section too large. I have read somewhere in this forum that i should change rapc value to datafull==N ,but i dont know how to do it.from where can i change value of rapc.  Can the data section contain 5mb data??

Please help!!!

Rujuta Trivedi
Developer

Re: how to change rapc value

anybody there to help me!!

Rujuta Trivedi
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

"Can the data section contain 5mb data??"

No - the maximum allowed is 64 KB.

Developer

But its for OTA right?If I want to load it through only desktop manager then?n what about changing rapc value?

Rujuta Trivedi
Developer

I am not aware of the rapc value so sorry, I'm not commenting on that.  I'm just commenting my experience attempting to package large strings or data in cods.  The understanding that I have got from this, and various KB articles (see some referenced below) plus the way that RIM creates 64K siblings cods inside a larger cod when the 64 K limit is exceeded, has lead me to the conclusion that putting anything larger than 64K in a cod will mean it does not work.

Review the discussion in the Developer Guide (or on this forum) for further information on sibling cods.

Please review the following KB articles about issues you can get with large amounts of data in cods.

Support - Error cod data section too large
Article Number: DB-00085
http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800901/Support_-_Erro...

Support - Vtable record size exceeds maximum record size
Article Number: DB-00490
http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800901/Support_-_Vtab...

What Is - The file size limit for wireless downloads
Article Number: DB-00015
http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800708/800646/What_Is...
I appreciate that you are not doing OTA download, the reason for pointing you at this article is to emphasis the way that large cods are combinations of small cods, so a single cod is limited in size to 85K. 

Highlighted
New Developer

I have the same problem before and fix it with the following steps:

1) Use a text editor to directly open the .jdp file;

2) Find the line "Options=";

3) Add the options -datafull=N at the end of the above line;

4) Use the BlackBerry JDE to load the modified .jdp file and compile the project;

5) Check the size of each .cod file and make sure each one is less than 64KB. If not, change the value N and do the step 4) & 5) again untill each .cod is less than 64KB.

Here are the exact line for my options:

Options=-quiet -datafull=30720 -slicesize=4096

Hope it helps.