Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
My Device: 8350i
My Carrier: Sprint

how to get correct GPS Criteria for different blackberry devices..

Hi All,

I have just started working on blckberry GPS App, while developing i found that for different devices we need to have different criterias. But if we have to make a single build for all devices how should I proceed? Is there any critria which works for all devices.

Thanks;

nilbbm

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: none
My Carrier: none

Re: how to get correct GPS Criteria for different blackberry devices..

Hii

The GPS criteria depedns upon various factors like carrier, device (CDMA or GSM) etc. SO the best approach is to use the best suitable criteria per device basis, as no one can gurantee one particulor criteria will work on all the device.

to solve your problem you can check the device name programmatically and return the specific criteria for that device.

Use the DeviceInfo. getDeviceName() method to retrieve the device name.

Ankit

If your issue is resolved, click "Accept as solution" on the post that contains the answer to your question. Give kudos to helpful posts by clicking on the star.
Thanks & Regards,
Ankit Dubey
Module Lead Software Engineer, mLabs
Impetus InfoTech (India) Pvt. Ltd.
Contributor

Thanks Ankit, but how to find which type of criteria suits for a device ? I have gone through different GPS modes but was unable to relate them to a device.

Developer
My Device: none
My Carrier: none

Well the best way is to try with diffreent values for differrent parameters. We had a GPStester application, where we used to put differrent values for differrent parameters to check the GPS . You can create a similar application.

Whenever you work with a new device , you can first install that GPS tester and get the suitable criteria.

Thanks & Regards,
Ankit Dubey
Module Lead Software Engineer, mLabs
Impetus InfoTech (India) Pvt. Ltd.
Contributor

Thats awesom ... realy liked the concept of GPSTester will try to implement it. Thanks ...

Contributor

Hi,

Can you provide me any guide lines what factors I should provide while implementing GPS Tester.

Thanks..