Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: how to hide application icon programatically from device

Hello Peter,

can you tell me how to add one application in another application becouse i am facing some problem in this task. i am explaning you, which i have done to do this are as foolowing.

* I have created two application one is SpeedoMeterScreen and second is SpeedoMeterLocater.

* SpeedoMeterScreen app has some UI part.

* SpeeddoMeterLocator app is background app, which extends Application not UIApplication.

* Now i add the SppedoMeterLocater app add in SpeedoMeterScreen through SpeedoMeterScreen > properties > java build path > project and than click on add button and add SpeeedoMeterLocater app and than click on Order and export tab and select SpeeedoMeterLocater app.

* than in SpeeedoMeterScreen app call ApplicationManager.getApplicationManager().launch("SpeedoMeterLocater");

After that SpeeedoMeterScreen app showing red mark (error mark) and i am not getting that error.

Please help me

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

use a single application project. see
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Set-up-an-alternate-entry-point-for-an-appli...
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer

hello Peter,

I have created two applications one is SpeedoMeterScreen and second one is SpeedoMeterLocater.

* SpeedoMeterScreenhas some UI part.

* SpeedoMeterLocater is background app which extends Application not UiApplication.

* Add SpeedoMeterLocater app in SpeedoMeterScreen through right click on SpeedoMeterScreen app select           propertie   > java build path > project > click on add button and add SpeedoMeterLocater project and than select oder and export tab and check SpeedoMeterLocater project.

* Now in SpeedoMeterScreen app call ApplicationManager.getApplicationManager().launch("SpeedoMeterLocater");

After all that  SpeedoMeterScreen project showing a red mark (error mark ), but when i run SpeedoMeterScreen  project it itself does not run but it run SpeedoMeterLocater app.

I could not identifying that error, Please help me.

Developer

Sorry I am not an Eclipse person.

In this case, where you want to delete the 'Screen' part, I think you want to have two completely separate Applications.  Don't link them as far as Eclipse is concerned at all.  Have different classes, different cods, everything different. 

Now when you run the Screen project, you can still launch the non screen Locator part.  Sorry I can't tell you exactly how to do this, I know it is discussed in the forum and I have done it, just don't have the code or brain power handy right at the moment to tell you, so please look for yourself.

Once launched, you can get the Screen part to delete itself.

That said, this is quite unusual.  I suspect that there might be other options you could consider such as using the OptionsProvider API.  If you describe why you want the UI, and why on for a short period, we might be able to suggest a better alternative. 

Developer

I want to display a page only once when application launch to take some information from the user. After fill all information by the user, they will click on save button given on screen.

After click on save button i want to run my background process and close the display screen and also delete the application icon.

Highlighted
Developer

OK, go with what has been suggested.

Have you thought about what happens if the User wants to change some of the original values?