Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: TATA

how to use direct tcp in indian[TATA CDMA]

Hello, everyone:

I get a problem when i try to use direct tcp when in indian.

I use direct tcp to connect to a DVR device through 3G.

The url is: socket://ipSmiley Tongueort;;deviceside=true;apn=?;tunnelauthusername=?;tunnelauthpassword=?

It works well on many blackberry phone.

But it does not work on TATA's CDMA phone. Usurally, i goto 'tools/advance/tcp/ip" to config the apn, but TATA's

CDMA phone does not have this option.

And for airtel, i have two sim, the one which is prepaid, works fine, but the one which is postpaid, do not work.

I do not get the key point. When can help me?

With my best regard!

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: how to use direct tcp in indian[TATA CDMA]

"TATA's CDMA phone does not have this option"

What phone and what OS are you using?  Check in the BlackBerry Options -- About for full details. 

"for airtel, i have two sim, the one which is prepaid, works fine, but the one which is postpaid, do not work."

I think you will have to contact airtel to see if the direct TCP is included in the associated plan.  If it is, then make sure that the APN values you are specifying are correct (some carriers have different APNs for different plans).  If they are correct, tell us exactly what it happening when it "does not work".  Exceptions?  Incorrect data response?  But check with airtel and the APN options first. 

New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: TATA

Re: how to use direct tcp in indian[TATA CDMA]

TATA's phone version is OS5. Blackberry  8530.

Today, I test my app with the same SIM of IDEA. My two bb 9800and  9900, works well. This two phone is take from my contry,  But can not work on another 9800 and 9700 bb of indian.

I tried to clean the service book, and set the same apn. But the indian 9700 and 9800 still can only use WEB Brower,Email,...But not third party's app' tcp.

do i lose any thing important?