Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: XZY

illegalargumentexception in CodeModuleManager

Hi,

i have application which using the other application as a jar in the project. example application A & application B. application A using the application B a jar. it was working fine. but suddenly i got illegalargumentexception  today. application  A is alternative entry point application. and i have given the same module name for application A & application B.

what i want is my alternate application have UI application and  background theread and it is firing http request to server for update if any update is available then i want to use  HomeScreen.setNewState(true); to my UI application icon which is on the home screen. Please share your thought to solve this

Thanks

JaM321

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: illegalargumentexception in CodeModuleManager

check the detail message of the exception.
do you call setNewState from the UiApplication? If not, i would suggest to send a global event from the background application to the ui app and call the homescreen method from there.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: XZY

Hey simon i tried to update ui application icon throung global event but i am getting process already running exeception Smiley Sad.

any other way or please any comment .

Thanks

JaM321

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

lets take a look at your code, post some meaningful snippets.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter