Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

is there anybody can download plugin for eclipse

is there anybody that download plugin for eclipse in nowadays. today, i tried many many times to download, but i couldnt. every time, i downloaded some part, about 10-20mb, then connection corrupted. holy blackberry http server didnot allow to me to continue download. i have not connection problem.

anyway, i cannot download a file completelty. i tried many times and many different way, but all them was failed. is there any tricky way ? 

thanks a lot, also thanks a lot super web developers of blackberry.com. it is brilliand job i ever seen that put files to download area that is impossible to download

Developer

Re: is there anybody can download plugin for eclipse

Hi.

I've been trying to get the eclipse plug-in for quite a while - no success.  RIM makes these things very difficult.

Most recently I've been trying to do it with the update site: http://www.blackberry.com/go/eclipseUpdate.  Setting this up in my IDE works fine, but the install always fails.  It appears to me that the problem is on the server side.  So this method is out of commision as well.

I also tried a couple of weeks ago and wasn't able to get the plug-in - either by download or from the update site.

The RIM support people are usually very helpful on this forum, but we might not get any help this week due to the RIM conference.

Developer

write email to devsupport@rim.com

and explain the situation

----------------
if your issue solved set "Solution" mark at the relevant post
Developer

Try it from a PC without wifi (direct ethernet). I've had better results with that.

-D

New Developer

[ Edited ]
(erased)
Message Edited by jspp on 06-02-2009 11:14 AM
Developer

he he. Feels so good to know I am not alone Smiley Happy I must have tried umpteen number of times, never been able to finish the download.

Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

It is a common situation with RIM servers and big files to download.

Please note that RIM does not allow to mirror downloads, i.e upload RIM software on third-party servers for friends or anyone else.

In case you have problems with downloads write an email to devsupport@rim.com