Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

java 3d nintaii?

Alrighty i've been reading up on java 3d and the storm and i've been told "not yet no api support" but I just played nintaii, and isn't that java 3d...running on my storm emulator! I downloaded a 3d golf game also worked on the emulator. Can someone anyone please help me to understand how I can run any 3d code on the storm. Look I don't need code I have code, I just want to know what is required to get 3d code running on the storm emulator...what did nintaii do in order to allow this to happen? how come the 3d golf game works...but I can't get anything of my own running on the emulator.

please any help, just help me...i've been up all night and have found no solution i'm posting this and hoping someone anyone can just tell me how to get a single model displayed on the storm. Don't care what it is, I just want a model on the storm. I know the new wonderful blackberry storm supports 3d...cmon how could it not..if not wow..what a waste of a good phone.

/************** BelowZeroSoft ***********

www.belowzerosoft.com

Using creativity to blow your mind through software 1 step at a time.

*/
Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Re: java 3d nintaii?

[ Edited ]

Storm supports API that implements (pseudo?) 3D support.

And 3D games you played were written with this 3D API.

Also please note that it can be not real 3D - but pseudo-3D, when a set of 2D pictures represent 3D scenes.

In case you have questions - feel free to ask Smiley Happy

Message Edited by tbilisoft on 02-01-2009 06:45 PM
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

alrighty so it supports psuedo 3d, is there an api that exists under the gpl for such 3d? in fact in general is there any api out there for this *fake* 3d stuff?

if so link me please! if not how does one develop something like that? Also i've seen freaking 3d bowling...cmon really that's a fake 3d...man i need a tutorial or a wikipedia or something.

link me to any and all API's please...and thanks for the quick response very helpful in understanding what's happening here. The golf is pretty detailed though so idk if it's really fake haha.

Message Edited by javalover53 on 01-02-2009 07:23 PM
/************** BelowZeroSoft ***********

www.belowzerosoft.com

Using creativity to blow your mind through software 1 step at a time.

*/
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

I think they've used SVG.... classes and interfaces.

It is vector-based graphics and can be used for pseudo-3D scenes.

Check javadocs (since from JDE 4.6.0) for the details.