Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

javaloader.exe with bluetooth

Is it possible to get javaloader.exe to work with bluetooth instead of having to manually plug in the device with USB cable.

I find it crazy that RIM supports bluetooth, but doesn't support it the same way as USB....makes bluetooth to the PC kind of pointless. I could live with that if I could figure out a way to use javaloader with it.

Even if I could simulate a serial port and use the -p option over bluetooth would be fine.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thx

-Donald

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: javaloader.exe with bluetooth

No, this is not supported.  javaloader does not support Bluetooth connections.
Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: javaloader.exe with bluetooth

That's a shame, because I keep wearing out the USB connectors on my test phones.  Warranty isn't worth much there because the replacements are apparently used phones, and wear out again quickly.  Once that happens, if the device is moved even slightly, it disconnects from tethering, because the connector's spring-contacts have become weak.

javaloader supports serial, and bluetooth can create a virtual serial port, so hopefully you can add support.  It will be much appreciated by many developers, I'm sure.