Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: vodafone

jvm error 104 null pointer exception

Hi , 

i am very new to blackberry started yesterday . I am given the already developed code of another person . I had to   clean the simulator coz itr was giving JVm error 104 null pointer exception . 

i am working on eclipse , So i went to the blackberry menu and  in eclipse and used  "clean simulator option ". the simulator is cleaned but now on startup agian given 104 error 

i go on clicking continue it goes when i click the application icon i get an instance is already running , that of the previous project .

i checked teh simulator folder for the cod file . PLease help me to run the application , its on a very urgent basis . 

plsss help meeeeeeee

thank u in advance 

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: jvm error 104 null pointer exception

It is not possible to give you assistance with the information that you have provided. 

I suspect that there is an application, presumably the application you are trying to fix, that has a problem at start-up.  You are going to have to compile and run that application yourself, and then when it fails (even at start-up) it should take you to the debugger and show you the line that has failed. 

But you have to do this.  We can't help.  Sorry. 

Once you get here, we might be able to help.