12-13-2012 07:44 AM
yes, i did and thanks very much for providing it.
all i can do is file it away for future reference. i was able to "kill" the process - although I'm not convinced it was really running anymore.
additionally, i believe i resolved the cause of all this. i was opening a modal dialog (to diagnose the push problem described in "maddening Push problem" ) from the MyApp's (extends UIApplication) constructor. I had my doubts as to how good an idea that was because I'm not sure if all the wiring needed to interact with the UI is complete at that point. As it was, my app also (from the constructor) requests permission changes (which also pops up a dialog).
I think I was caught in some half set up state trying to open 2 dialogs at the same time as both my app and the change dialog process were active.
I have removed the creation of the modal dialog and have not had any problems.
Push on the other hand, is giving me fits