Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9000
My Carrier: Airtel

launch a blackberry application while receiving a email?

I want to launch my blackberry application when i receive a new e-mail on the device. The email has to notify the application's particular view has to be opened.

For example, if my blackberry application has four screens, then from an email, I want to open the second screen of the application.

Also, I wish to know the feasibility of opening an application from the email's content. Eg., an email should contain a link, and while the user clicks on the link, my application should be launched automatically.

Thanks

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: launch a blackberry application while receiving a email?

you can add a folderlistener to your inbox to be notified on incoming mails (see the appropriate samples or do a quick search if you don't know how to implement it). you can check the message and either notify your app using global events (for example) if its running, or launch it with a parameter if its not.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9000
My Carrier: Airtel

is it possible to access the third party blackberry application from the email link. How to add a folderlistener to your inbox

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800332/800698/What_Is... applicationmanager allows you to launch programs
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter