Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8310
My Carrier: Ingenieur

make user and mot de passe

Hi;;

i'am developping a java  application for the blackberry and i want to know what are all the possibilities which existe to identifie with a user and password

the application will be used out of the connection to the server ,so we will not connect to the server when we use our blackberry application.

thaks in advance

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: make user and mot de passe

you can use a popupscreen to ask for username/password. overwrite onClose to handle input.

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

I don't understand this question sorry.

If you were developing any application that was used with no connection to a server, how would you identify the user?

There is no facility provided by RIM to enter a username and a password to use the device - they expect only one person to use it.  You can lock the device, and have a 'pin' to gain access, but that is a different mechanism. 

Just seen Simon's post.  The issue for me is how do you get the username and password to authenticate with, on to the device rather than the mechaism that is used to ask the user for their username and password. 

Developer

ah, ok, if this is the issue, maybe a sha1 (or similar) hashkey that incorporates the bbpin? you could provide a field in the options for this key.

feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
@SimonHain on twitter
Trusted Contributor

hi simon;

My question is how can i identifie  ,what is the issue of my login and password , thes parameter will be stocked in a file whith the project or what ?

i user will need   to change  his password and user name ,how can i test if the user and password are correct ????

for the interface i can use :

LabelField a=new LabelField("login: ");

TextField textField = new TextField("", text, 1024,TextField.NO_NEWLINE);

LabelField A=new LabelField("Password: ");

PasswordEditField textField1 = new PasswordEditField("", text, 1024,
         TextField.NO_NEWLINE);
 editHolder1.add(textField1);

i must refer to what to make the test if the login or password are corrects ??

hope you inderstand me .

thanks

Developer

you will have to generate passwords using an algorithm, implement it the same on both server (to create the pw) and bb (to check it).

for example:

pin + username + salt, create sha1 hash, use the first 6 as password.

you can compute the same on the blackberry and check if the entered password matches.

@SimonHain on twitter
Trusted Contributor

Hi;

Can i  ask this question in other way : we are developper we create blackberry application ,how can we secure our applications  ?? ,i don't like that my application will be opend to anyone  this application we be opened to the personn how has the user name and  the password .

thanks in advance ;

Highlighted
Developer

we have a multiple setup.

first we have an online license check with customer and pool management, groups etc for resellers (developed ourselves).

second we have an xml license for local networks (for enterprises without external connection)

third we have an offline license check with the mechanism i described for devices that are not connected to the internet (surprisingly often in an enterprise context)

@SimonHain on twitter