11-06-2009 01:10 PM
I use MDS-Simulator (not the ESS simulator) for simulating surfing with the webbrowser and receiving email; websurfing works good; but email-receiving works not stable; sometimes it hangs up; connected with eclipse-debugger, suddenly the debugger stops and opens inside eclipse the net.rim.device.api.util.DataBuffer.class. I spent hours but now we found the solution. It was a bad formatted date-header in the receiving mail
this is a bad header, which causes the described error; this happens when you create in C# with visual studio a MailMessage for sending to the simulator:
Date: 6 Nov 2009 18:51:56 +0100
this is a good clean header everything works fine; mds accepts this; I made a filter on our mailserver which replaces the bad header before saving into the mailbox, from where it is fetched by the mds-simulator.
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 18:51:56 +0100
I hope this helps
Regards from Austria