Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Blackberry Torch

modify code module name

is it possible to modify code module name or any other properies?

What i want is saving a codemodule with diferent names and property on homescreen, any different property should be able to help me identify which copy codemodule it invoked and act accordingly.

Can this be possible any ideas?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark posts as solved if you found a solution. Press the kudos button to thank the user who helped you.
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: modify code module name

Can you explain what you are trying to do?  Not in technical terms, explain what the user will see and why you don't want to do this by creating multiple separate applications?

Note that the cod name is not actually all that relevant usually.  Of more importance within an application is the package and class name.  These you won't be able to change..  And typically you can't have multiple cods with the same package and class names on the device.  So creating a cod once, copying it to a different name and then expecting it to run on a device which already has what is really the same cod with a a different name, is unlikely to work the way you want. 

Developer

Peter,

What i m trying to achieve is a follow:

My Applications is having different components/parts each part is like an individual app in itself. What i want is to give the user a feature of "shortcut on homescreen" for his desired component/part, it's like a desktop shortcut. What i thought was to use entry points for this, based on args i will identify and launch that entry point.

Part where i m stuck is how to create homescreen shortcut based on user demand and keep the right args inside it so that it invokes correct entry point.

Thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark posts as solved if you found a solution. Press the kudos button to thank the user who helped you.
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

I think the usual way to do this is to have one icon for your app, and have the first screen it displays be a list of the other 'apps' that they may wish to go into. 

I am not aware of a way to add an icon to the HomeScreen as you require, but I've not really looked hard at doing this.  I guess one not so nice option is to give the user icons for all parts, and have them hide the ones they don't want to see. 

I think you have confused this issue by suggesting a solution of changing the module name.  What you really want to do is dynamically add and remove icons from the Home Screen.  I would ask this question again in a separate Thread.  As noted, I think the answer is you can't, but you might find someone has figured out a way!

Highlighted
Developer

Thanks,

will start a new thread for this problem.