Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
My Device: Simulator 9000
My Carrier: dev

multiple browsers, can't display at different positions

Hi,

I have multiple browser fields and I want to insert them to different specific locations. They may not be at the same line. I want to set different x,y positions and width and height for each one. And I want to display them at the same time at the points I specified.

I have completed the app But I can display only one field. I have a midlet screen. I insert the browser field to a verticalfield manager. Than I add it to my screen. I do the same for the second field but I can display only one. I am sure that the second field is downloaded. Because download icon is displayed and when I change the layout sizes, the o ther field is displayed. But I couldn't display two fields at the same time.

I am new in blackberry and I need your help. 

Thanks and regards.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: multiple browsers, can't display at different positions

Looking at your related post:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/how-to-set-the-Size-of-HTMLBrowserField/td-p...

it seems you are writing code using BlackBerry UI Components.  As such, you don't really have a MIDLET any more, you have something that is RIM specific, people sometimes call a RIMLET. 

Can you tell us if you are writing RIM specific code or attempting to write code that will run on other J2ME phones?

I suspect RIM Specific and If so, I can't really help you with this but my experience is that the BrowserField2 does not play nicely with other general Fields, so I would be concerned about developing something that  required multiple BrowserField2 Fields on the same screen - I'm not sure this will be a good experience for your users even if it worked.  . 

Contributor
My Device: Simulator 9000
My Carrier: dev

Re: multiple browsers, can't display at different positions

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

I develop that "browser like" app only for blackberry devices. So It is RIM specific. But I couldn't display two different browser fields together. Infact it loads the content. The second browser field is added to my specific manager. But only one of them is displayed. Mostly the second one and sometimes the first one. Also, I want to give those specific coordinates and size. If it ise possible, I will be very happy when you tell me how to do it.

Thanks and regards.