Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: new Facebook BlackBerry SDK 0.3.1 is out.

Do you know if there are there any apps in the App World currently, or available elsewhere, which use this SDK (this version) successfully? I would like the opportunity to try running another app using this SDK on our devices.

Thanks.

Developer
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: some

we have one, but it's in development right now and private. This version 0.3.5 is quite fresh so I guess it would be difficult to find the appropriate app.

Got resolved! Press kudo icon!
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Hi All,

Thanks for the suggestions, but it seems to be the OS's fault, I changed my simulator to 9800 and the facebook SDK worked just fine and showed me a login screen, but somehow using ATT's 9700 simulator (and the actual phone) I got connected to www.facebook.com:443/connect Smiley Sad

Can anyone for RIM look at this? is this a problem with BrowserField in OS5.0?

Thanks!

Hello, hope you don't mind I talk in this forum while I am from Android community but I searched for this failing URL... Some (at least oneSmiley Surprised) ... Android device has very similar problem, which is described here: http://bugs.developers.facebook.net/show_bug.cgi?id=14144

So I think it is about the same issue with this particular implementation of http client on your device. The only one who can solve this is Facebook.

Maybe it would help if you, BlackBerry developers, would vote up this issue too?

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

@eliskah:

Thanks a lot! yeah I was wondering why it worked OK in torch but does not work at all in Bold...I guess blackberry browser is really bad Smiley Sad seems like I need to abandon the idea of connecting to facebook now...

Contributor
My Device: Bold 8900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Hi All

I am also facing the same problem on Bold. I had tried my application on Strom 5.0, Bold 5.0.0.330 and Bold 6.0 (older version).

My app is behaving as expected only on Strom, but not on other two devices. Is this related to touch- nontouch device type?

Please help me...  the oAUth URL is >> http://www.facebook.com/dialog/oauth?scope=publish_stream,offline_access&redirect_uri=" + pfbc.getNextUrl() + "&response_type=token&display=touch&client_id=" + pfbc.getApplicationId()

Thanks in advance !

Contributor

@rucha_mungre -- Which same problem are you facing?

New Contributor
My Device: Storm-9550
My Carrier: Airtel

Hi

i got the latest release of BlackBerry facebook sdk 0.3.5. it is working fine on strom device, but getting aproblem to run the same code on BOLD it is not working on bold. 

Can somebody help me to solve this issue??

Thanks in advance

Contributor
My Device: Bold 8900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Hi Spacemanaki,

Thanks for your reply.

When i install my app (in which I had used FB blackberry api 0.3.5 ) on my storm and bold device (both devices has OS 5.0), FB part is working fine on Strom but getting an error on Bold.

On BOLD - I am able to get FB Login screen, but when I click login button, it throws me an error

Error is -

Error navigating to :

<URL>

Stream Closed

I am not having BIS service and making connection through WI-FI.

Looking forward to get some help ...

Thanks,

-Rucha

Contributor

To anyone who happens to find this thread and has the same problem that I had, David Lim provided a possible solution to the issue I described here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/new-Facebook-BlackBerry-SDK-0-3-1-is-out/m-p...

The solution below did work for me, so if someone else has the same problem they may want to try this.

Change the code in the BrowserScreen class to disallow BIS:

int[] preferredTransportTypes = { TransportInfo.TRANSPORT_TCP_WIFI, TransportInfo.TRANSPORT_TCP_CELLULAR, TransportInfo.TRANSPORT_WAP2 };
int[] disallowedTransportTypes = { TransportInfo.TRANSPORT_BIS_B, TransportInfo.TRANSPORT_MDS, TransportInfo.TRANSPORT_WAP };

ConnectionFactory cf = new ConnectionFactory();
cf.setPreferredTransportTypes(preferredTransportTypes);
cf.setDisallowedTransportTypes(disallowedTransportTypes);
bfc.setProperty(BrowserFieldConfig.CONNECTION_FACTORY, cf);

Note that this only applies to the problem in the post I made, linked above. If you have a different problem, you probably don't want to do this.