Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

non focus ListField rolling

Hi.

I've tried to make a screen with edit field and list of the words field. FieldChanged event of the EditField should roll list according some algorithm.
FieldChanged invoke setSelectedIndex and invalidate methods of listField, but it has no effect(repaint occured). If listener invoke listField.setFocus() listField is updated.

Is there a way to update listField without focus state change?

This is a screen constuctor:

super(NO_VERTICAL_SCROLL); textField = new TextField(FOCUSABLE); VerticalFieldManager editBoxesFieldManager = new VerticalFieldManager(NO_VERTICAL_SCROLL); textField.setChangeListener(this); editBoxesFieldManager.add(textField); add(editBoxesFieldManager); VerticalFieldManager wordListScreenManager = new VerticalFieldManager(VERTICAL_SCROLL); listField = new ListField(50, USE_ALL_HEIGHT | USE_ALL_WIDTH); listField.setCallback(this); listField.setSize(50); wordListScreenManager.add(listField);

Change event handling:

public void fieldChanged(Field field, int i) { String index = textField.getText(); try{ int id = Integer.parseInt(index); listField.setSelectedIndex(id); } catch(NumberFormatException ex){ listField.setSelectedIndex(0);

}

listField.invalidate();

}

Thanks.

Highlighted
Developer

Re: non focus ListField rolling

Hi,

If i understand your question correctly then you want to build a field like we have in our phonebook,it will only display those name which matches characters in the textbox.

If I am right then see keyWordFilterDemo or use keyWordField.

Regards,
Rajat Gupta.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If your problem was get solved then please mark the thread as "Accepted solution" and kudos - your wish
New Developer

Re: non focus ListField rolling

Rajat_10Sep, thanks for your reply,

Unfortunately, KeywordFilterField does not fit to my task. I should use non filtered list.