Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Blackberry Torch

override virtual keyboard

Does anybody has idea how to override storm2 virtual keyboard that is change the button text and functionality?

I have seen some app who can disabled some keys on keyboard and just enable the needed one say numerals only.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark posts as solved if you found a solution. Press the kudos button to thank the user who helped you.
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: override virtual keyboard

In my experience, this is done using the FILTER styles set for the EditFields that the Storm is currently focused on.  Have a look at these. 

Developer

Peter,

you mean to say that create your own keyboard using editfield or in existing virtual keyboard we can use these FILTERS.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark posts as solved if you found a solution. Press the kudos button to thank the user who helped you.
Developer

hey, i got it what u meant.

by setting filters on editfield keyboard itself will adjust.

What i also want is to change the text on top of keypad say "space" replaced with "mykey". Is this possible?