Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

payment service API very quietly changed its package name in upgrade from 1.0 to 1.5

The package of classes that implements Payment Service SDK 1.0 is net.rimlib.blackberry.api.payment. The package of classes that implements Payment Service SDK 1.5 is net.rimlib.blackberry.api.paymentsdk.

Now, I understand evolving an API, but changing the name of the package that classes reside in is pretty drastic.  What floored me, however, was not seeing the move until I was in the midst of coding, after having spent a while thinking about how to implement my use of the API.  I looked pretty closely at the 1.5 Development Guide and was unable to find mention of this change; the examples changed but this important change is not listed in the document revision history. Sheesh. Then I went back to the 1.5 Release Notes and again: not a word about the package move. How could this have possibly not been included in release notes? This is such a glaring omission I'm tempted to wonder whether it was intentionally buried.

I hope this information saves some other soul some of the time that I lost in discovering it.  I will go get a glass of water and take a deep breath now.

Developer
My Device: Blackberry 9800
My Carrier: vodafone

Re: payment service API very quietly changed its package name in upgrade from 1.0 to 1.5

Hi Dbb,

As the package change is done also ther is no way we can get 1.0 payment service api jar i searched for it every where but not able to find it.

The issue i am facing is with Payment api jar 1.5 On OS5 it gives below error when i called PaymentEngine.purchase()

IllegalArgumentException: classname does not exist in the current application package

Now as per documentation it says that with Payment Api 1.5 they support >= OS5.0 but payment api 1.5 works fine with OS6 same jar has above issue on OS5.0 can you help me here I am bit trouble now die to this.

Developer
Developer

Re: payment service API very quietly changed its package name in upgrade from 1.0 to 1.5

Himanshu,

I can't find the download link either, although the documentation still seems to be around. They seem to have withdrawn it. I'd recommend contacting BlackBerry or hoping that they read this thread.

Developer
My Device: Blackberry 9800
My Carrier: vodafone

Hi dbb,

The issue not reproduced if the same code executed as part of UI Application,

But for MIDlet type of application we find this issue.

Please help, we are in critical stage.

Somebody from Blackberry.Please help urgently.

Himanshu

Highlighted
Contributor

Hi Dbb,

I am also facing same issue as himansupatel.

My application is a MIDlet application.  This issue is arising in OS5 device only, in OS6 and OS7 device it is working properly.  Seems that some issue is coming in paymentapi.jar while using the Registry api. (I have tried using both version of paymentapi.jar - 1.0 as well as 1.5 but the issue remains same.)

Debug information is as follows:

RegistryImpl.verifyClassname(String) line:1170

RegistryImpl.getRegistry(String) line:168

Registry.getRegistry(String) line: 304

f$TestMidletInApp.b() line:142

f$TestMidletInApp.a() line:126

f$TestMidletInApp.a(PurchaseArguments$TestMidletInApp, int) line:67

f$TestMidletInApp.a(PurchaseArguments$TestMidletInApp, int) line:27

PaymentEngine$TestMidletInApp.purchase(PurchaseArguments$TestMidletInApp) line: 208

MyScreen.fieldChanged(Field, int) line:65

The message in IllegalArgumentException is : "classname does not exist in current application package."

Supporting OS5 devices are very important to us so if anyone has any idea related to this issue then please reply, its urgent.

If not anyone than I hope Blackberry Development Team has some answer to this issue.

Thanks in advance.

-Roshni