Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

My Device: Not Specified

picture viewer application

I want to implement something like picture viewer application as in native device.

I have tried to build an application, but my scrolling is not as smooth as scrolling in native picture viewer. For example if i want to show 12 images on one page, i have kept 36 image in memory 12 for previous page, 12 for current and 12 for next.But scrolling is not as good as scrolling in native picture viewer.

Can anyone please let me know what will be the better approach to achieve smoth scrolling.

Rajat Gupta.
If your problem was get solved then please mark the thread as "Accepted solution" and kudos - your wish
My Device: Z10 (STL100-4)-, Z10 (STL100-3)-, Z30 (STA100-5)-, Passport (SQW100-1)-, PlayBook (16GB)-
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: picture viewer application

Better scrolling? I don't know off the top of my head but the native picture viewer stores thumbnails of the images, maybe because you have 36 images in memory it is slowing the app down. Try smaller images to see if that works better.

---Spends time in #blackberrydev on freenode (IRC)----
Three simple rules:
1. Please use the search bar before making new posts.
2. "Like" posts that you find helpful.
3. If a solution has been found for your post, mark it as solved.
--I code too much. Well, too bad.