12-10-2008 06:37 PM - edited 12-10-2008 06:38 PM
I have a MIDlet based application that has 2 threads, a network thread that is essentially always running and the main canvas thread. For the moment, I have no access to any native blackberry APIs.
All I am trying to do is open a url with platformRequest(). The issus I am having is that this causes my application to lockup and eventualy the OS kills it. The platformRequest is launched from the canvas thread and I do my best to stop my network thread just before I try the URL.
If I do not try and kill my network thread, the whole device locks up and I have to pull the battery.
If I do stop my network thread the state I get into is this:
- It seems the Application is paused in the background.
- The Confirmation dialog pops up, asking me to goto a url.
- Using the wheel to move the cursos up/down results in the cursor moving many more times then it should.
- Pressing the Y/N keys on the dialog seems to have no effect.
- Clicking No on the dialog has no effect.
- Clicking Yes very rarely will open the web page.
Is there something I am doing wrong or some known bug?
PS - I have tried launching the platformRequest in a new thread, but that seems to be known to not work.
12-11-2008 01:15 AM
Have you tried to trace what platFormRequest is returning... true or false?.
I hope you have a "notifyDestroyed" statement just next to platFormRequest.
12-11-2008 10:29 AM
12-12-2008 02:24 PM