Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

preverify tool seems to do nothing

I am using the 4.3.0 version of the JDE. After I run rapc to compile my app I unpack the .jar file and run preverify on it. After that I notice that nothing has changed. Running cmp on the original vs preverified files shows no difference. Anyone have any ideas? 

Command Lines for rapc and preverify:

rapc.exe -quiet import="C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.3.0\lib\net_rim_api.jar" codename=foo foo.rapc warnkey="0x52424200;0x52435200;0x52525400" @foo_build.files

mkdir tmp

cd tmp

jar xf ../foo.jar

preverify.exe -classpath "C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.3.0\lib\net_rim_api.jar" .

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: preverify tool seems to do nothing

It doesn't appear that you are specifying any directory or class file names on your command prompt.  Were these removed?  Note that the preverify may not need to make in changes if none are required.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Developer

Hi Mark,

I specify a . for the current directory which is the tmp directory where the jar was extracted. When the preverify command finishes there is an output directory with all the .class files in it so I assumed that was sufficient. Do I need to specify an exact .class file list to preverify on the command line similar to the rapc @files arugment?

Developer

Hi Mark,

I tried specifying all the class files in an @files argument. This produced the same results. 362 class files all the same.

My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Sorry, I missed the . there.  That should work fine.  But as I said, not all files require preverification.  Are you running into other issues, or just concerned that no changes are being made?
Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Developer

Everything works fine both without the preverification step and with it. I was concerned because no changes were made in any class in the entire application. If this is normal I will not worry about it.