Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

problem on FlowHorizontalManager

Hi,

I have added more than 5 label fields to FlowhorizontalManager.But every label fields takes the new row,where there is enough space to add second labelfield at same row.how can i solve it?Please help me out.

Thanx

Developer

Re: problem on FlowHorizontalManager

I couldn't solve it,why every fields takes new row,when there is enough space to add another field.please help me.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

The LabelField is designed to take up the full width available.  This means additional LabelFields will appear on the next line in a FlowFieldManager.  You could use a HorizonalFieldManager instead, which would allow you to place multiple fields on the same line.  Or you could could create a custom LabelField where you control its width.  This post has an example for ButtonField.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=java_dev&message.id=6925&query.id=198...

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Developer

Actually at first time i wanted to add a lot of fields to horizontal field manager.i had been fixed manager's width with setlayout method..But the field doesn't takes next row,if there is not enough room to add another field.That's why i have used floehorizontal field manager.But Here all the field add at new row.Thist the actually problem.
Highlighted
Developer

What Mark says is correct and should solve your problem.  You should also review this thread

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=java_dev&message.id=10686&query.id=19...