Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

problem w/8530 sim on new eclipse plugin

I am trying to use the new 8530 sim (5.0.0.508 (8530-Verizon)) with the new eclipse plugin.  Until now ive been using the old plugin on eclipse 3.4, and the older sim (5.0.0.386 (8530)).  These have been working fine. but after moving to the new plugin, i want to use the new sim so its hot-swappable.  When i try with the newer sim, everything loads and technically works, but there is a few seconds lag between when i hit a key and when the sim reacts.  I can shutdown and load up the (386) sim and it works fine (but no hotplug!), then load the new sim back up and its slow.  I went back to my 3.4 install and both the old and  new sims seem to work fine.  but as soon as i use the new sim with the new plugin, its unusable.  Anyone seen this?

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: problem w/8530 sim on new eclipse plugin

Well i havent been able to fix this. however, i did get the sim to work ok on another VM, so im assuming its something with my setup on my main computer and not the simulator.