07-04-2010 09:59 AM
In plugin version 1.1.2 this problem still exists. It's quite annoying because I have to use windows with non-English locale in most of the time, and I have to switch it to English and reboot to use JDE!
I hope you will fix this as soon as possible, as it seems not to be a complicated bug.
08-05-2010 06:43 PM
for the problem:
--------I found another resource problem with Blackberry plugin for Eclipse 1.1.
--------I cannot use the resource bundle in a dependent Library in the Application Descriptor XML file for localized application title etc.
--------There is no such problem in 1.0 plugin.
One dirty fix is:
do NOT open the Application Descriptor XML file with default editor, instead,
try right mouse menu , open with --> Text Editor,
then edit the file, save.
The problem is that, the default Application Descriptor XML editor in GUI, would save the file in GB2312 encoding on Windows XP simplified Chines, instead of UTF-8.
08-05-2010 07:06 PM
preverify.exe works in my environment now.
Windows XP Simplified Chinese locale.
Test Result 1 :
If you install componentpack 4.5/4.6/4.6.1, change project JRE to BlackBerry JRE 4.5/4.6/4.7, it would works.
Test Result 2:
If you install componentpack 4.5/4.6, project JRE remains BlackBerry JRE 5.0, copy preverify.exe from 4.5/4.6 to override 5.0's, it works.
1)copy preverify.exe from net.rim.ejde.componentpack4.6.0_126.96.36.199 to override net.rim.ejde.componentpack5.0.0_188.8.131.52
2)remove Workspace.eJDE1.1.2.samples\LocalizationDemo\bin\* files
Then the build should be ok.
11-11-2010 12:46 AM
make sense, this workaound works out.
open application descriptor xml file in text file
add something nothing important and save ,
remove the file with a '£' in its name.
then run it again, it works properly.
11-11-2010 02:13 AM
sorry for last post, it actually doesn't work out.
although the file with the symbol disappeared, but the resouce file can not be loaded to simulator properly..
trying to update to SDK 6.0
07-27-2011 08:43 AM
if it's still actual....
I removed just my files containing that 'pound' character. (yes, i used to have them). Rebuilt the project and it's up now.