Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

problem with resource

[ Edited ]

Hi. sorry poor english.

I'm studying to make blackberry app.

but I encountered a problem when I run the project.

This is error result.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Executing rapc for the project music_stores at Tue Sep 15 23:10:24 KST 2009.
D:\eclipse\plugins\net.rim.eide.componentpack4.6.0_4.6.0.19\components\bin\launcher.exe D:\eclipse\plugins\net.rim.eide.componentpack4.6.0_4.6.0.19\components\bin\rapc.exe  -quiet import=D:\eclipse\plugins\net.rim.eide.componentpack4.6.0_4.6.0.19\components\lib\net_rim_api.jar codename=music_stores music_stores.rapc warnkey=0x52424200;0x52435200;0x52525400 -sourceroot=E:\workspace\music_stores\.tmp;E:\workspace\music_stores;E:\workspace\music_stores\src E:\workspace\music_stores\bin
Can't open dir E:\workspace\music_stores\bin/com/rim/samples/music_stores/com.rim.samples.music_stores.MusicStores£.crb/
Error!: Error: preverifier failed: D:\eclipse\plugins\net.rim.eide.componentpack4.6.0_4.6.0.19\components\bin\preverify.exe -d C:\Users\ ...
rapc failed for the project music_stores
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Problem happen when I run project with resource(rrc, rrh).

There is strange filename "com.rim.samples.music_stores.MusicStores£.crb".

Why this fillename has "£" character?

My windows cannot recognize some characters likes "£" in Command Prompt because Korean based windows.

That problem happen with Eclipse 3.4.1 and Blackberry JDE Plugin for Eclipse, Component 4.6 (4.5 has same problem)

and Blackberry JDE standalone runs well.

How can I fix it?

Thank you.

Message Edited by netmagic on 09-15-2009 09:09 PM
Developer
My Device: 9860/PlayBook/Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Plus GSM

Re: problem with resource

Hello!

I have managed how to avoid such error. Somwhere in the eclipse plugin unicode meaning of file name is lost. You can remove this by changing default localization for all non unicode programs in "language and regional settings". This is some error in eclipse plugin. Most of current software is working fine, some old ones can display funny characters in place of national ones.

More info about it here.

Found my post helpfull? Like it! It solves your trouble? Help others and accept it as solution. Search before asking.
My apps: Secret Cod3s | Should my tablet be banned?
--
Jakub Nietrzeba
PGS Software S.A.
Your reliable partner in Poland - IT Outsourcing - BlackBerry, iPhone, Web and Standalone applications
New Developer

Thanks but I knew that way.

If I set english for non-unicode application,

korean is broken not only command prompt but also some windows application.

of course, some unicode base applications has not problem.

now, I'm using english windows on virtualbox.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Can you post the file structure within your project (mainly the src and bin directories)?
Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer
My Device: 9860/PlayBook/Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Plus GSM

Hello!

This are file names for most problematic localization scripts from my project.

J:\WORKSPACE\MOBILERM\SRC\COM\PGS\RM\LOCAL
    I18n.rrc
    I18n.rrh
    I18n_en.rrc
    I18n_pl.rrc

J:\WORKSPACE\MOBILERM\BIN\COM\PGS\RM\LOCAL
    com.pgs.rm.local.I18nœ.crb
    com.pgs.rm.local.I18nœen.crb
    com.pgs.rm.local.I18nœpl.crb
    I18n.rrc
    I18n.rrh
    I18nResource.class
    I18n_en.rrc
    I18n_pl.rrc

I have hidden other files for security reasons.

The biggest trouble is with files with 'œ' in it. On my machine in this place is pound sign (£). In my code page (CP1250) it is silently changed into Ł or L  (first is one of the polish diactrical marks) for non unicode programs. Unicode applications see all chars as they are.

I remember, that some time ago, I have created own builders for blackberry (basing on ant and components package) and those scripts doesn't have any trouble with those files. It is extremely hard to create application without any localization.

I suspect that one of the programs is loosing unicode paramers taken from command line (launcher.exe is my type - when you look inside of it you will see all Ansi functions - CreateFileA, and etc. very small amount of unicode functions). I suspect that there unicode information is lost.

Found my post helpfull? Like it! It solves your trouble? Help others and accept it as solution. Search before asking.
My apps: Secret Cod3s | Should my tablet be banned?
--
Jakub Nietrzeba
PGS Software S.A.
Your reliable partner in Poland - IT Outsourcing - BlackBerry, iPhone, Web and Standalone applications

Can you post the error you get from the project in your last post?  The first error seems to be from a different project.  It refers to "com.rim.samples.music_stores.MusicStores£.crb", which is not in you file/directory list.

Can you also confirm that this project does build when using the BlackBerry JDE, but fails when using the BlackBerry JDE Plug-in for Eclipse?

Mark Sohm

New Developer

[ Edited ]

Sorry my poor english.

The problem that add £ to filename of end is happen at all projects with resource(rrh)

and I got the error when using the Blackberry JDE Plug-in for Eclipse.

Blackberry JDE has not problem because of not make crb file.

I was test with Blackberry JDE plug-in for Eclipse 4.5, 4.6.

Eclipse version is 3.4.1.

how to test

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. get sample code from http://na.blackberry.com/developers/resources/4-StoringPersistentData.zip

2. extract music_stores_complete.zip in 4-StoringPersistentData.zip to any folder.

3. run eclipse, import music_stores.jdw project.

4. build use by alt+b and the error occur. (the error is at my first post)

(you can find com.rim.samples.music_stores.MusicStores£.crb file at project/.tmp/com/rim/samples/music_stores directory after build.

It is made by some compiler or utility.)

more simple way to test

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. make new blackberry project in eclipse. (helloworld)

2. make new class at src on project. (package : com.abcd, name : HelloWorld, check public static void main)

3. make new blackberry resource file. (parent folder : helloworld/src/com/abcd, file name : helloworld.rrh)

4. build use by alt+b and the error occur.

5. now you can see com.abcd.helloworld£.crb file in helloworld/.tmp/com/abcd

The error arise on non-english windows when build project because crb filename has £ character.

I think, some compilers or utilities that make or read crb file are runs on stdio that ascii-base environment.

non-english windows can't recognize a filename that has some special character in stdio.

If you run this on english or european windows, the error will not happen.

If you want to see the error on your computer,

(It's support for korean, japanese, chinese on your windows.)

1.open regional and language options in control panel. (xp, vista, 7 are all same.)

2.click languages tab.

3.check Install files for East Asian languages. (you need windows cd)

4.click ok and reboot If you need.

5.open advanced tab in regional and language options.

6.select korean in selectbox. (language for non-unicode programs)

7.same as 4.

If you want to go back, just select english in 6th.

now you're eclipse will say some rapc error.

Message Edited by netmagic on 09-29-2009 10:23 AM

Thank you for the detailed steps on how to reproduce this error.  I have sent this off to our development team for further investigation.
Mark Sohm

[ Edited ]

This issue has been logged to be fixed in a future release.  The only work around I can offer at this time is to use a version of Windows that uses a Latin based character set.

This issue has already been fixed in the beta release of the version 5.0 BlackBerry JDE and BlackBerry JDE Component Pack Plug-in for Eclipse.  The issue is present in the preverify.exe file.  Another work around is to copy the preverify.exe file from a version 5.0 release and overwrite this file found in the previous releases.

Thank you both for reporting this.

Message Edited by MSohm on 10-01-2009 03:01 PM
Mark Sohm

New Developer

Description Resource Path Location Type Error!: Error: preverifier failed: D:\BlackBerry\eclipse\plugins\net.rim.ejde.componentpack5.0.0_5.0.0.14\components\bin\preverify.exe - ... LocalizationDemo line 0 BlackBerry Packaging Problem.

It seems that this bug about preverify.exe in 5.0 has not been fixed.