09-15-2009 10:32 AM - edited 09-15-2009 09:09 PM
Hi. sorry poor english.
I'm studying to make blackberry app.
but I encountered a problem when I run the project.
This is error result.
Executing rapc for the project music_stores at Tue Sep 15 23:10:24 KST 2009.
Can't open dir E:\workspace\music_stores\bin/com/rim/samples/musi
Error!: Error: preverifier failed: D:\eclipse\plugins\net.rim.eide.componentpack4.6.0
rapc failed for the project music_stores
Problem happen when I run project with resource(rrc, rrh).
There is strange filename "com.rim.samples.music_stores.MusicStores￡.crb".
Why this fillename has "￡" character?
My windows cannot recognize some characters likes "￡" in Command Prompt because Korean based windows.
That problem happen with Eclipse 3.4.1 and Blackberry JDE Plugin for Eclipse, Component 4.6 (4.5 has same problem)
and Blackberry JDE standalone runs well.
How can I fix it?
09-23-2009 05:09 PM
I have managed how to avoid such error. Somwhere in the eclipse plugin unicode meaning of file name is lost. You can remove this by changing default localization for all non unicode programs in "language and regional settings". This is some error in eclipse plugin. Most of current software is working fine, some old ones can display funny characters in place of national ones.
More info about it here.
09-23-2009 06:26 PM
Thanks but I knew that way.
If I set english for non-unicode application,
korean is broken not only command prompt but also some windows application.
of course, some unicode base applications has not problem.
now, I'm using english windows on virtualbox.
09-28-2009 04:15 PM
09-28-2009 04:41 PM
This are file names for most problematic localization scripts from my project.
I have hidden other files for security reasons.
The biggest trouble is with files with 'œ' in it. On my machine in this place is pound sign (£). In my code page (CP1250) it is silently changed into Ł or L (first is one of the polish diactrical marks) for non unicode programs. Unicode applications see all chars as they are.
I remember, that some time ago, I have created own builders for blackberry (basing on ant and components package) and those scripts doesn't have any trouble with those files. It is extremely hard to create application without any localization.
I suspect that one of the programs is loosing unicode paramers taken from command line (launcher.exe is my type - when you look inside of it you will see all Ansi functions - CreateFileA, and etc. very small amount of unicode functions). I suspect that there unicode information is lost.
09-29-2009 08:50 AM
Can you post the error you get from the project in your last post? The first error seems to be from a different project. It refers to "com.rim.samples.music_stores.MusicStores￡.crb", which is not in you file/directory list.
Can you also confirm that this project does build when using the BlackBerry JDE, but fails when using the BlackBerry JDE Plug-in for Eclipse?
09-29-2009 10:12 AM - edited 09-29-2009 10:23 AM
Sorry my poor english.
The problem that add ￡ to filename of end is happen at all projects with resource(rrh)
and I got the error when using the Blackberry JDE Plug-in for Eclipse.
Blackberry JDE has not problem because of not make crb file.
I was test with Blackberry JDE plug-in for Eclipse 4.5, 4.6.
Eclipse version is 3.4.1.
how to test
1. get sample code from http://na.blackberry.com/developers/resources/4-St
2. extract music_stores_complete.zip in 4-StoringPersistentData.zip to any folder.
3. run eclipse, import music_stores.jdw project.
4. build use by alt+b and the error occur. (the error is at my first post)
(you can find com.rim.samples.music_stores.MusicStores£.crb file at project/.tmp/com/rim/samples/music_stores directory after build.
It is made by some compiler or utility.)
more simple way to test
1. make new blackberry project in eclipse. (helloworld)
2. make new class at src on project. (package : com.abcd, name : HelloWorld, check public static void main)
3. make new blackberry resource file. (parent folder : helloworld/src/com/abcd, file name : helloworld.rrh)
4. build use by alt+b and the error occur.
5. now you can see com.abcd.helloworld£.crb file in helloworld/.tmp/com/abcd
The error arise on non-english windows when build project because crb filename has £ character.
I think, some compilers or utilities that make or read crb file are runs on stdio that ascii-base environment.
non-english windows can't recognize a filename that has some special character in stdio.
If you run this on english or european windows, the error will not happen.
If you want to see the error on your computer,
(It's support for korean, japanese, chinese on your windows.)
1.open regional and language options in control panel. (xp, vista, 7 are all same.)
2.click languages tab.
3.check Install files for East Asian languages. (you need windows cd)
4.click ok and reboot If you need.
5.open advanced tab in regional and language options.
6.select korean in selectbox. (language for non-unicode programs)
7.same as 4.
If you want to go back, just select english in 6th.
now you're eclipse will say some rapc error.
09-29-2009 11:02 AM
09-30-2009 10:59 AM - edited 10-01-2009 03:01 PM
This issue has been logged to be fixed in a future release. The only work around I can offer at this time is to use a version of Windows that uses a Latin based character set.
This issue has already been fixed in the beta release of the version 5.0 BlackBerry JDE and BlackBerry JDE Component Pack Plug-in for Eclipse. The issue is present in the preverify.exe file. Another work around is to copy the preverify.exe file from a version 5.0 release and overwrite this file found in the previous releases.
Thank you both for reporting this.
01-07-2010 03:34 AM
Description Resource Path Location Type Error!: Error: preverifier failed: D:\BlackBerry\eclipse\plugins\net.rim.ejde.compone
It seems that this bug about preverify.exe in 5.0 has not been fixed.