Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

programatically use email client to open and edit a message object

I have an application that enumerates emails that have failed to send.  I would like to open up the message in the standard email application to allow them to edit and resend them.  I have the message object for each failed email.

Is there any way to do this?

I can send via my applicaiton fine, just wanted the ability to use the mail client on the phone.

TBAHR

Developer

Re: programatically use email client to open and edit a message object

You can use Invoke to call the Email program from your app.

However, RIM has mysteriously neglected to provide a method to invokde this app to open/view a particular email.

See Invoke and ApplicationArguments in the javadocs.

New Developer

[ Edited ]

Dont think there is any API to open a particular message but opening message program can be done using

Invoke.invokeApplication(Invoke.APP_TYPE_MESSAGES,                                                new MessageArguments(MessageArguments.ARG_NEW));

--Krishn2

New Developer

Thanks everyone for their responses.  I tried passing in MessageArguments() with a Message object but comes back with some ObjectGroup read only error.

Instead I was able to pass into MessageArguments(MessageArguments.ARG_NEW,recip,subject,body) and that prepopulated the fields.

I was hoping to use the original Message object but that does not seem to work as I was hoping.

Thanks again for everyones help.

TBAHR

New Developer

I tried to fix the ObjectGroup read error by issuing ObjectGroup.expandGroup(message). but that did not seem to do anything.

Just FYI.